Friday, April 8, 2011

Review of Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown



Okay Blogger Friends, I am starting my DVD review of the month! Since Yoga is a four letter word to me, I started there. I will actually do the videos and give you my honest opinion! Here is what Yoga means to me:
Y: You have got to be kidding me?
O: Oh crap this hurts!
G: God help me reach my toes!
A: Absurd poses I can't do..


Yoga is actually essential to stretching out your muscles, building a strong body foundation, strengthening everything and learning how to breath effectively through any workout. So it is a great workout, I am just a flunky when it comes to it. After 15 years of basic strength training and little stretching I feel like a cold piece of chewing gum!

Today I recorded one of Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown workouts. Direct TV had a 30 minute workout that I can keep for a month. Not bad for a frugal workout and I did not have to pay extra.
FYI: This workout is NOT a true yoga workout. Jillian adds her "rep it out" version by doing basic yoga poses with a body resistance twist.
For example you do a series of yoga poses that add body resistance and you hold the last rep for 15 seconds. She has two other people with her so you can see advanced and beginner moves. I was somewhere between beginner and basic. I was sweating and my triceps and back are really sore from the many plank push ups. I still need work on my downward dog because it looks more like an old sick dog! I really did enjoy this workout not only because I really felt it in my muscles, but I got a great stretch. I just hate sitting in weird poses trying to breathe for long periods of time. If you are a yoga junky however, this might disappoint. If you go into it looking for a yoga with a twist, then you will be happy!
So far I have found the cheapest place for the entire 2 workout DVD is Wal-Mart and Amazon.com. Both are under $9.00. Give it a try..and happy posing

No comments:

Post a Comment